Mastering Portraits (Part 2)
By Nicole Hammond, Professional Development Trainer
January 10, 2019
Happy New Year, Advisers!
You aced the first test – uploading and flowing the portraits onto pages. Now, Picaboo Yearbooks has added some great new features to enhance your portrait pages and guarantee you an A+ on the final exam!
Here are some of the new things you can do:
- Crop or re-position portraits within placeholders while editing your pages. Use this to center each individual’s head in the frame, and adjust the space around them for a nice, clear mugshot!
- When editing your portrait layout, you can now simply select the red ‘X’ icons to remove placeholders, while selecting the green ‘+’ icons to add them.
- If you apply the changes, you can save this layout, so it can be applied to one page or a whole section in your book. The “My Saved Layouts” section will show all of the edited layouts you saved. Note: saved layouts WILL be mirrored for the right and left pages.
- Change the portrait shape (i.e. oval) and add stylized borders to one page or a whole section in your book.
- Filter for layouts that support custom information (i.e. job title).
- If needed, apply fonts to your pages that support Chinese, Japanese and Korean characters.
Still not sure you’ve got this? Call your CSS! They are happy to talk you through the process!
Meet PYB University!
Did you miss out on our fifth live webinar for the 2018/2019 School Year?
Join me for monthly tips, resources, and Creator Studio product updates in our very first yearbook training series, PYB University. Check out the previous session below: